Shopping looks a lot different these days than it used to. I used to pick specific dress for a specific occasion, and then I felt like I couldn’t wear it again. Nowadays, I prefer separates or very versatile dresses. I like the variety separates provide. There are seemingly endless options for one sweater or skirt. This holiday season comes down to three things for me: texture, sparkle, and comfort. I documented how I’d style these pieces, but there are so many other options.
Here are the pieces for this my holiday capsule wardrobe this year:
1. Black Ribbon: I cut a belt from an Express dress to make mine, but Madewell has this really pretty option.
2. Sparkly Earrings: I just got this pair from Express, and I love them. They are lightweight and more affordable.
3. Belt: Belts are still going strong, and this chain version can go from casual to dressy.
4. Tights: These are optional, and if you live in warmer climate you can probably pass. I love the feel of these sheer ones, and they are also body shaping (bonus!).
5. Denim: My favorites are from Gap. I can’t get enough of this style.
6. Coated/Black Denim: I like how these go from casual to dressy. They are also really comfortable.
7. Sock Boots: I found mine from Express, and they are currently sold out. Find a similar style available here.
8. Black Boots: I pulled these in to pair with the skirt. You could make all the looks with the sock boots, though.
9. Skirt: I’ve had my leather skirt for years. Here is a similar version.
10. Velvet bodysuit: I purchased mine from Sophie. It’s currently sold out, but Good American has this one.
11. Red sweater: I love a red sweater for the holidays. Mine is from HM. Here is the newer version.
This capsule wardrobe is really suited for my style. I like girly mixed with edgy. I also enjoy classic holiday pieces, like the red sweater and ribbon. What I love about capsules is you can really customize them to fit you. By bringing in a graphic tee, sequin skirt, or flats, this wardrobe would take on a totally different feel.
Here are the looks I created with these pieces.